The PICkit 2 Development Programmer/Debugger (PG164120) is a low-cost development tool with an easy to use interface for programming and debugging Microchip’s Flash families of microcontrollers.
The full featured Windows programming interface supports baseline (PIC10F, PIC12F5xx, PIC16F5xx), midrange (PIC12F6xx, PIC16F), PIC18F, PIC24, dsPIC30, dsPIC33, and PIC32 families of 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, and many Microchip Serial EEPROM products.
With Microchip’s powerful MPLAB Integrated Development Environment (IDE) the PICkit 2 enables in-circuit debugging on most PIC microcontrollers. In-Circuit-Debugging runs, halts and single steps the program while the PIC microcontroller is embedded in the application. When halted at a breakpoint, the file registers can be examined and modified.
The PICkit 2 Starter Kit and PICkit 2 Debug Express Kits also contain:
- Easy to use Windows programming interface for programming Microchip’s Flash family of microcontrollers
- UART Tool software for direct serial communications with a microcontroller RX/TX pins through the PICkit 2.
- Logic Tool software for simple logic signal stimulus and monitoring, with a 3-channel logic analyzer.
- PICkit 2 Programmer-To-Go support for programming devices without a PC.
- PICkit 2 User’s Guide (included on CD ROM)
- User’s Guide (with lessons) for the included Demo Board
- Selected Application Notes and Datasheets
- Code Examples in assembly and C
- A FREE version of the CCS PCB™ C Compiler for Baseline PIC MCUs (contained on the MPLAB CD). The PIC MCU devices included with the kits above are Midrange or PIC18 devices and thus not supported by this Baseline compiler.
- USB interface cable